2013 has only just begun but there are already unexpected changes & outlooks.
1) I won’t be forming a Ride for Heart corporate team. Unfortunately, it’s not the best year for “company spirit”.
2) I won’t be riding the MS Tour . It used to be 1 of my favourite tours. Too bad a drastic route change was made that didn’t impress me.
3) Winter training is not going well. Work has been emotionally & mentally stressful. I haven’t been in the mood for any spinning the past 2 weeks. I hope to get back on the saddle soon.
1) Running a lot more! For 2 weeks now, I’ve been training with Running Room’s Half-Marathon clinic on Wednesdays. I’m obviously the underdog, the one who lags behind. Running isn’t my forte & I joined them when they’re on week 9 of their program! Those guys are fast! I’m unsure how much longer I have the guts to run with them. Too intimidating!
2) Deciding whether to race a 10K at a fast pace or a Half-Marathon at sloth pace this Spring.
3) Running tones muscles better than cycling. After only 2 weeks – my hamstrings, quads, calves, & glutes are so sore but feel so much tighter. As opposed to cycling which I find gives me a large derrière (TMI?)
4) Increasing need to foam roll! So sore!!
2) Bought a food processor during Boxing Day. I’ve been making lots of treats every weekend – I post them on Dailymile. They help reduce my junk food cravings over the week to almost zero! The snacks are all flourless. They are typically made with dates, beans, oats, and cocoa powder. Check out all recipes HERE – I LOVE IT!
There are pros & cons to these changes. One thing for certain, I need to up my cardio these days! I’m nowhere near my targeted goals yet!