I normally do 35min of speed-walking from the train station to my house everyday. Then I do 12-30min body weight training (courtesy of bodyrock.tv) before bed. Lately, I have been driving to the train station & haven’t been doing any workouts due to my tendon injury. I have decided to start swimming more during the week since I only swim on Sundays at the moment.
New swim schedule……I am swimming tonight for 1 hr, again on Thursday night, & finally the usual Sunday swim. I hope this will help maintain my endurance until I recover.
I managed to piss off 2 people at work today. First, a consultant wasn’t happy with our “slow” progress since we haven’t given them business for a while. As my boss always says: “System = Tool + Habit. We may have the tool, but the system will fail unless we have the habit“. What’s the point of further upgrading their software if hardly anyone in my company uses it? Second, a past supplier accused me of using their prices to squeeze out lower prices from our current supplier. 😯 Wow, that is SO not true.
Anyway, I will “swim” off my anger tonight.
I am definitely on an oatmeal kick. I incorporated oatmeal for breakfast and lunch.
I made my Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie today:
- 6 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin puree
- 1 egg white (with 1/2 egg yolk by accident – I got to learn how to crack an egg!)
- Directions: Mix well, press mixture to bottom of bowl, microwave for 1min 15 sec.
- Put a dollop of 0% yogurt on top, along with 1/2 spoonful of puffed wheat cereal & 5 dark chocolate chips.
I also had a big glass of water & 1/2 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Almond Breeze).
Guess who was watching me struggle with breakfast today? You guessed it…..Laser!!
I didn’t French Press my coffee to-go this morning because……..Today is Latte Tuesdays at Second Cup. Any medium latte for only $2.75!! I have been getting one every Tuesday. Today is no different. On my way to work, I bought my usual medium Nonfat Latte (sprinkled with cocoa, vanilla, ginger). hmmm….milky espresso goodness.
I made a similar oatmeal concoction as yesterday. Today, I added a spoonful of lentils for extra fiber. (Directions: put a package of oats & some water on top, microwave for 2min, stir & enjoy)
- 1 Empire Apple, chopped into little pieces
- 1 mashed banana
- 4 frozen mango chunks
- 3 spoonfuls of puffed wheat cereal
- a couple of dark chocolate chip
- 1/2 spoonful of Organic Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1.5 spoonfuls of pumpkin puree
- 1 spoonful of lentils
- dash of cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
Snacks (throughout the day)
- 1 orange & 1 grapefruit (above picture)
- 1 red plum (from yesterday)
- 15 raw almonds
- 1 square of Ritter Sport Fine Extra Dark Chocolate 71% Cocoa
- Praeventia Granola Bar Bites: Almond & Apple with Green Tea Extract
The Praeventia bars are just alright. They are granola bars coated with Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa. It’s on the pricey side (more than $4 for 7 pouches). Most of its ingredients are natural – it’s even sweetened with agave nectar. Why then does it have sugar/glucose-fructose, corn starch, & modified corn starch?? What a shame…such a great product ruined by these processed ingredients.